A Fall season is not complete without a Mum in your landscape! We are gearing up for the Fall season, as we have more than 20,000 mums growing in our fields. With plenty of sizes and colors to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect combination that fits your landscape and budget.
Want to know more about mums? See our 10 facts, below!
1. The full name is "Chrysanthemum" and is native to China and symbolizes "happiness" and "joy"
2. It is related to aster, marigold, zinnia, strawflower, and dahlia
3. The mum is one of the top 5 most popular plants in the world!
4. Mums come in a variety of shapes including: spider, daisy, fuji, cushion, and button
5. They are some of the easiest flowers to grow and can survive both indoors and out
6. If used indoors, it can help rid the air of toxins
7. It is one of the longest lasting cut flowers around, lasting up to 2 weeks!
8. The Chrysanthemum is considered the birth flower for the month of November
9. In 1966, the chrysanthemum was selected as the official flower of the city of Chicago, IL
10. In China, the leaves from mums are steamed or boiled to be used in teas and on foods